COPYWRITER FOR YOUR COMPLEX STORIESINNOVATION + SCIENCE COPYWRITERSEO COPYWRITER FOR WEB CONTENTTECHNOLOGY + HEALTH COPYWRITERCOPYWRITER FOR WHITEPAPERSMEDICAL + HEALTH COPYWRITER
Shahan Campbell PhD · Copywriter · Innovation & Science
I’m a scientist-turned-copywriter with a passion for clear, successful communications.
I specialise in copywriting, editing and proofreading for innovation, science, technology and health.
WORDSMITH AT WORK
When a great communication connects: our heads turn and our emotions engage. We’re inspired to take action.
I love how powerful words can be!
As a medical research scientist, I studied a subject in depth to get valuable results. Now, as your copywriter, I harness my ‘inner scientist’ to understand your topic or idea.
Then I create your sales message or online strategy based on my research of your industry and target market.
I strive for effective communication and understand it takes solid research to achieve it.
Companies with sophisticated innovations or complex services are looking to engage customers more effectively. Therefore, communicating clearly without ‘dumbing down’ your message is important.
For that reason, I research your topic extensively to understand what you do, what your market position is and what influences or trends are driving your industry. This ensures I explain your products or services in an easy, straightforward way to your customers, industry peers and important stakeholders.
- Australian School of Copywriting,
Writing For Profit
- Ph.D. Microbiology & Immunology,
University of Melbourne
- B.Sc. Honours, Biochemistry,
University of Melbourne
- Australasian Medical Writers Association
- Australian Society for Medical Research
- Australian Science Communicators
- Copywriting, editing and proofreading for 8+ years across a diverse range of industries, from small business clients to global organisations, with a focus on clarifying complex topics.
- Marketing and communications manager for an award-winning civil construction app technology development company.
- Medical research scientist for 10 years including laboratory work, employee training, and collaborative research resulting in 11 peer-reviewed, co-authored papers published in international scientific journals for virology and HIV/AIDS research.
- Ballarat Health & Wellness Network – Business Development, Networking & Events For Health Professionals
- Better Business Ballarat – Marketing, Communications & Events support
- Ballarat Business Women – Marketing & Communications support